Frank has been teaching music applied to the guitar, bass, and drums for over 40 years. He learned from his father, also a music teacher (and still picking at age 92)!
Frank developed and supervised a rock music workshop for Haverford Township where young players had the chance to interact as a musical team, learn songs, and perform in public. He is also an apprentice luthier (guitar maker), so he can offer certain repairs and adjustments on instruments.
He has played in and organized bands for over 40 years. Frank is currently a working musician performing in his own trio (www.thefranktacband.com). In addition to guitar, Frank plays bass, mandolin, ukulele, piano, drums, & harmonica. He also sings lead & harmony vocals.
Frank has written and recorded dozens of songs, alone & in collaboration with Jim Swahl, since 1974. His production & arranging skills have resulted in many professional quality recordings.
Chris Caulder teaches bass, guitar, keyboard/synth, drums, home recording, and modern electronic music production. His long list of accomplishments shows his level of experience, dedication, and love for teaching, creating, and performing music:
-Has run a local songwriting/home recording camp for eight consecutive years
- Co-wrote songwriting/recording book with published author and podcaster Michael W. Dean called DIY Music Now! (e-book)
- His music is featured in Xbox360 game "Full Auto" (SEGA), a 2005 episode of Oprah Show with Susan Sarandon as the main guest, Sony game Guacamelee!, and a Hubert Selby Jr. documentary called "It'll Be Better Tomorrow"
- His music and bio was also featured in $30 Music School by Michael W. Dean
- Chris shared the stage with Deep Sea Diver, Radiation City, Keep Shelly In Athens, GWAR, Zebrahead, The Thermals (Sub Pop)
- He collaborated with Jonathan Mann ("Song A Day" celebrity from YouTube)
- Co-developed music prototyping software called Rapid Composer with MusicDevelopments (Hungarian company)
- His tutorials on YouTube receive thousands of views per video